The Benefits of Fiberglass Windows
Although they are fairly new to the market, fiberglass windows are continuing to grow in popularity among homeowners. If you are looking into a window replacement, consider asking your St. Augustine window contractor if fiberglass replacement windows would suit your home.
Advantages of Fiberglass Windows
- Strength and Durability – Fiberglass is 3 times stronger than wood and 8 times stronger than vinyl, making it the obvious choice for homeowners who value durability. Fiberglass replacement windows don’t contract and expand like wood and vinyl, decreasing wear and tear over their lifetime.
- Worth the Cost – Although fiberglass windows require a greater upfront cost than windows made of other materials, they are known to outlast other window types and require minimal maintenance over their lifetime.
- Insulation – Because fiberglass does not undergo contraction and expansion, it is not prone to cracking and fracturing. Therefore, fiberglass replacement windows are sealed tightly and do not let air escape or enter the home, providing excellent insulation.
- Color Variety – Fiberglass windows can be painted many colors, but beware of gel coat paints because they have a tendency to fade or crack over time as a result of prolonged exposure to solar light and heat.
- Low Maintenance – Because fiberglass windows are resistant to heat and moisture and do not splinter or rust, the only maintenance they require is occasional cleaning.
- Recyclable – Fiberglass is a recyclable material, so when you replace your old fiberglass windows, they will not cause waste.
If your windows are old and damaged, consider fiberglass replacement windows from Benton Integrity Replacement Windows & Doors, a trusted St. Augustine window contractor.